This pie looks as good as it tastes, and is very festive for a 4th of July celebration!
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE PIE
1 baked 9-inch pie shell
3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons whipping cream
1 quart strawberries
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup blueberries
Fresh whipped cream
1. Set aside baked pie shell until cooled.
2. Beat together the cream cheese and 3 Tablespoons whipping cream until soft and smooth. Spread evenly over the bottom of cooled pie crust; set aside.
3. Wash and hull strawberries. Select 1/2 of the best ones of equal size and set aside. In a bowl, add sugar to the rest; let stand until juicy, then mash.
4. Stir the cornstarch and lemon juice into the mashed berries and place in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
5. After mixture is cooled, pour half of it over the cream cheese in pie shell. Arrange the reserved whole berries on top of cooled mixture, then spoon on remaining mixture. Scatter top with blueberries. Chill pie until ready to serve, at least a couple hours. Serve with fresh whipped cream. Serves 8.
Note: You can leave out the blueberries if you like, but it looks festive for the 4th of July.
No comments yet.