I have been making this recipe for years. It’s the easiest pot roast in the world! Just throw it in the oven and forget about it.
FORGOTTEN POT ROAST
1 package dry onion soup mix
4 pound round bone pot roast, cut at least 2-inches thick
6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 small bunch carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 can (16 ounces) whole green beans, drained
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) Golden Mushroom Soup (not cream of mushroom)
1 soup can water
1 package dry beef-flavor mushroom soup mix
1. Line a roasting pan with enough heavy-duty aluminum foil to be able to fold up and seal around roast. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over the bottom of foil-lined pan. Place pot roast in pan.
3. Arrange the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and green beans around roast.
4. In a mixing bowl combine the mushroom soup and water. Whisk until smooth. Add the dry beef-flavor mushroom soup mix and stir until blended. Spoon mixture over roast and vegetables.
5. Fold in all the corners of the foil and seal in roast tightly so it is almost airtight. Place in oven and bake for three hours. Remove from oven and carefully uncover. Taste for salt and pepper. Let stand for about 5-10 minutes. Remove meat from pan and slice to desired thickness. Serve with vegetables and gravy in pan.