Chocolate and Valentine’s Day are a love match made for each other. How about doubling the love and the fudge with another layer, with chocolate and butterscotch? It doesn’t even need a candy thermometer. Just have all the ingredients lined up and ready to go because it starts to set very quickly.
This fudge is so good and will make your loved one smile on this Valentine’s Day!
Give your loved one a big kiss and hand them a plate of this fudge. They will double love you back!
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (Not light or fat-free)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 jar (7.5 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Have a 9-inch square pan ready, either lightly greased or lined with nonstick foil. Also have a 2-cup glass liquid measuring cup ready, or two 1 cups.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Boil for exactly10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. (Note: I have an empty saucepan ready right next to this one, for dividing the two layers).
- After boiling for 10 minutes and removing from heat, quickly stir in the marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Pour 2 cups of this mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup, then pour into the empty saucepan. Quickly stir in the butterscotch morsels and ½ cup of the walnuts until smooth and morsels are melted, then pour into the prepared 9-inch square pan and even out.
- To the hot mixture left in the first pan, stir in the chocolate morsels and remaining ½ cup walnuts until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the butterscotch layer.
- Let set until firm, then cut into desired size pieces. Keep fudge stored in a tin or other airtight container. Makes about 2-1/2 pounds fudge.