If you are hosting a Super Bowl party this coming Sunday, it’s time to plan a menu. We all know Super Bowl Sunday can be a calorie feast, with cheesy dips and chips, fried chicken wings, ribs, sub sandwiches, burgers, sausages, decadent desserts, and more. Sure, it all tastes good and is fun to make, but there can also be a place for something healthier with less calories and fat, but still tastes great.
How about Crispy Oven-Baked Shrimp?
The crispy comes from crushed herb stuffing mix which also adds built-in flavor, along with the added sesame seeds, paprika, and garlic powder.
Serve hot on a serving dish or if you have them, some individual football-inspired tableware or paper plates that are in grocery stores or party stores this week.
You will definitely score with your guests!
- ¾ cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed (the kind in a bag like Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white, beaten until slightly frothy
- ¾ to 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed large baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a pie plate or shallow dish and toss well to combine. In another pie plate or shallow dish whisk the egg white.
- Dip shrimp one by one into the beaten egg white then dredge in the crumb mixture; place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat using all the shrimp.
- Spray the prepared shrimp very lightly with the cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Place on a serving platter or small individual plates and serve.